The Rules Jul 6, 2015 20:58:04 GMT -5
Post by Artemis on Jul 6, 2015 20:58:04 GMT -5
There is a question hidden in the rules; the answer is the codeword for your character application. It will not be accepted without the codeword.
Article I. Personal conduct
- i. RATING: This site maintains an R rating. Mature content (sex, drugs,
ii. Members are expected to remain civil while in public. This means no fighting on threads or in the CBox. If you have an issue with another member, send them a private message rather than confront them in public.
iii. Plagiarism of any kind is not tolerated and will result in a forum ban. Lying, sockpuppeting, or otherwise attempting to deceive the membership of the site with malicious intent may result in banning from the site.
iv. Any content, be it an image, post/link/etc, may be removed without warning/notification at the discretion of the staff if it is found to be vulgar, offensive, or generally detracting from the appearance of the site.
v. ADVERTISING: Advertising is to be contained to the Advertising Board only; no PMs, no emails, no new threads in other places, etc. Posting without the template will get your ad deleted.
Article II. Staff Members
- i. STAFF DUTIES TO MEMBERS: It is the duty of staff members to assist the membership and keep the site running smoothly; however, this does not mean they must wait on each member hand and foot, or comply with members' demands. Please be respectful when asking questions or favors.
ii. APP REVIEWS: Do not pester the staff to review your application, we try to review them in as timely a manner as possible.
iii. ISSUES WITH STAFF: Any member feeling abused, mistreated, or otherwise placed at a disadvantage by a staff member who is abusing their power should send a private message to any staff member to file a complaint.
Article III. Character Creation
- i. SUBMITTING A CHARACTER: Characters must be submitted by creating a new thread in the Character Creation forum. All characters must be accepted by a staff member before they may be used.
ii. APPLICATIONS: Characters are not required to adhere to the template; characters must adhere to the length requirement: one paragraph is expected for appearance, two for personality, and three for history.
iii. Do not argue with the staff member who is reviewing your bio. Being courteous and making the changes they ask is the quickest way to get your character accepted.
iv. There is no limit to the number of characters owned by one person; however, try to maintain a reasonable activity level for each of them.
-----Note: You may post all characters from one account, or register a separate account for each character; either is fine.
v. FACE CLAIMS: Members are allowed to claim celebrities as play-bys/face claims for their characters, and should follow the guidelines on the actual Face Claim thread.
vi. CANONS: Canon characters and relations to canon characters are prohibited.
Article IV. Roleplaying
- i. WORD COUNT: A minimum of one paragraph (that's 4-6 sentences) is expected for each response. Chatspeak is prohibited in-character.
ii. GODMODING: Controlling someone else's character (powerplaying) is forbidden. Godmoding is likewise prohibited. Your character is not invincible.
iii. It is permissible for characters to be in as many threads as they would like.
iv. Thread-jumping (posting on someone else's thread) is prohibited. Please be sure to ask permission before entering anyone else's thread.
Article V. Plots
- i. Random events may affect individual locations, regions, or the entire forum, and may involve anything that the staff has come up with.
ii. How did you find our site?: RPG Directory, Google, etc. Put your answer in the codeword section of your application.
iii. Members are encouraged to participate in these random events as they may occur. Members are also encouraged to offer their suggestions for site-wide plots.
In other words... be excellent to each other.